Home About Us IQAC College Library Photo Gallery Contact Us
Quotation
Tender
Seminar
Principal List
College Association
College Rules
Teaching Staff
Non-Teaching Staff
College Examination
Governing Body
National Service Scheme
Scholarship & Financial Aids
Student Union
Youth Red Cross
UGC
Help File
 
About Us  
The College is named jointly after two of the most revered beings of the locality, the renowned sage who devoted his austere life for divinity and the supranatural being, the Siva deity (Goureswar) who embraced the Sadhu in nearly paternal love. The strange juxtaposition of a human form and a celestial one gives ample evidence of the ethereal quality of this place. Everything is in an uncanny state. Otherwise, it would not have been possible for such a developing college to take shape in all its glorious manifestations in so short a period.

This institution has now acquired a massive structure with all the faculties at their flowering best, possessing an agreeable academic atmosphere. It has a sprawling field, splendid buildings,a dedicated teaching staff, one competent Principal, a considerate Governing Body and nearly 1600 good study-minded pupils. It almost belies the fact that it took its birth as a Tutorial College only in 1973.

The strenuous effort of the local people especially the teachers of the locality, generous donations from different sources, academic interest of many social workers and inteligentsia, financial assistance of S.G. Hat bore fruit when the college was accorded Govt. concurrence in the year 1975. Subsequently the Govt. of Orissa was pleased to release direct payment of Salary cost with effect from 1.6.1980.

The brain-child of the local people, fathered by the local Hat committee, it became a recognised College in 1975 and paced forward under the secretaryship of the socialworker Sri Gokulananda Biswal who along wih his esteemed colleagues, quelled all hazards and led the college well to bring it to its present state of enviable growth and confidence.

The College is thankful to all the local enthusiasts, the rural folk, the workers in general and the inhabitants of Olasahi in particular who donated an area of 15 acres for the college. The strength of the students which was 128 in 1975 has grown up to 1600 in 2005. Around 45 Lecturers/Readers are engaged in providing excellent teaching facilities.

The College provides teaching facilities upto the Bachelorís Degree in Humanities, Science and Commerce with honours in Oriya, Pol. Science, Sanskrit, English, Economics, History, Accountancy, Management, Chemistry, Zoology, Physics, Mathematics & Botany. The College is affiliated to C.H.S.E. and Utkal University in +2 and +3 stream respectively. Since 2004 a Govt. vocational Higher Secondary College (+2) is functioning in the college premises. The college is functioning under the norms and guide lines of Directors, Higher Education, Orissa, Bhubaneswar.

In its march of gaining laurels, it sincerely seeks the good will and help of its well-wishers and sympathisers. Further, the institution hopes to open new subjects and honours classes in other subjects in near future
 
 
Copyright @ 2008 Sadhu Goureswar College. All rights reserved Designed & developed by Smile